AmigaActive (1488/2143)

From:Nick Lamburn
Date:20 May 2000 at 14:01:00
Subject:Re: PCx and graphics cards

Hi Neal

> If it possible to get PCx to work with graphics cards for all modes,
> not just 'mode 13'. If it is where do I get the driver.

NFAIK, but there is one thing that you could try and that is hacking the PCx
prefs file or video driver's file. Using a *cough* hex editor *cough* :).
Basically you want to search for mode-ids and replace them with the ones you
want.

Otherwise - get PC-Task 4.x; it's *much* faster and better. Though CGfx
performance can be laggier than AGA I have found on 040/25MHz and 040/40MHz
- though 68060 could be a different story. And on an off note - don't even
bother with Windows with any less than a 68060 imo.

Regards

Nick Lamburn.

.--------------------------------------------------------------.
| ONLY THE AMIGA MAKES IT POSSIBLE, It has done so since 1985! |
| ------------------------------------------------------------ |
| Trogladite Software - Nick Lamburn | __ __
| http://trogsoft.high5.net oruk_amigan@btinternet.com | / // /�
| So the world may know..... | / // /
Want to be a Trogladite Software Developer? \ \\ \/ // /
E-Mail me TODAY! \ / // /

Get your money connected @ OnMoney.com - the first Web site that lets
you see and manage all of your finances all in one place.